Fac expires

roadkill

My fac runs out in sept and i don't want to renew it this time due to having no time for shooting at this presant time. What do i need to do to ? Is there a form i need to fill in saying i don't want to renew and do i need to send the fac back to them to distroy? All guns and ammo have been sold on

Roadkill

no not bothered about it , i will always be able to get one , I just don't have a need for it any time soon .....

There is not a form that I know of.

I think I would, for the sake of completeness, return my fac with a letter saying I did not wish to renew. This would then save them sending a renewal pack and any follow ups.

yes will do that , i have got to send off my sgc so will put it in with that with a letter

Cheshire have a form and the first thing you notice in your renewal docs is "if you want to give up shooting - etc., etc. Having had them will (under the current regime) count towards your new cert in x years but by then it wont be the same process so you might consider whether to give up or 'suspend' i.e. be "in between" rifles.

I surrendered my Firearms certificate once due to work commitments, wrote a letter to the FO stating I would not be renewing my certificate, explains who I had sold my rifles too and sent the expiring certificate back with the letter.

I reapplied 4 years later when I retired and received the new certificate within a month.

Edited by browning123