BSA scorpion

edd

any opions on the BSA scorpion been looking to get one, but not hundred percent sure, any advise or good bad coments( all coments ) will be good cheers all.

edd

Are you refering to the Old Pistol or the New BSA Scorpion rifle?

The Pistols were cracking and there is Still a few floating round in good nick but expect to pay over £100 for a decent one.

If the Rifle i have NO idea :angry:

LG

I advertised a BSA Scorpion pistol in my local Ad-Mag a couple of years ago for £30. it was in very good / new condition and still in the box with all the bits and bobs that come with the gun from new. the phone rang first thing in the morning and the chap came out straight away and snached my hand off. the phone never stopped ringing all weekend for this pistol.

I didn't realise they were such a saught after pistol untill I saw one for sale in the back of a shooting mag a couple of weeks later. :lol::)

Oh well that chap must have realised what a bargain he was getting :( :lol:

Kipper :lol:

Excellent rifles. I bought one in August, and although having the choice of 4 guns, it is the Scorpion that I invariably pick up.Below is a short review of it from when I bought it, to add to that, I now find the loading is quite easy, and compared to the AA400, I think there is more room to get the pellet in.It does need a silencer, and the HW one is as good as it gets, this gun really is quiet.

Review of BSA scorpion .177:

I've had it a week now, and it's time to give a few views on it.

First of all, out of the box, I was surprised to see such a poor finish on the stock chequering.I was a bit disappointed with this, after having a really nice Superten stock before.The rest of the stock is very smooth, it is just that the chequering lets it down.I'm not a fan either of the woodstain that BSA use on their stocks.There is a nice wood grain on the stock, but the horrible dark stains doesnt show it off.A stock strip may be on the cards in the winter.

There were 2 allen keys supplied to adjust the trigger, the quick fill probe, a small tube of moly grease, and 2 replacement o rings for the probe, and the 'just like a photo-copy' owners manual.

The action is ambidextrous, the bolt can be swapped over to make it left hand cocking, and it can be loaded from either side.Unfortuantley for lefties, the stock isnt an ambi stock, though it can be used reasonably well left handed.

Loading is a little fiddly, maybe because of my builders fingers, but after a few times it gets easier - I'm used to pushing pellets into the HW100 mag, so this was different for me.

Filling is a doddle, undo the screw on end cap, push in the probe and fill.It is a far better system with the screw on end cap, unlike the Logun solo and others which leave their filling ports open at all times.

I was a little surprised at how noisy it is when fired - not action noise, but the exhaust noise. After zeroing in, I tried the silencer from a HW100 on it, and it made it near silent - quieter than the HW100, as the HW has a bit of a trigger twang. I think it is one of, if not the quietest gun I've tried with the Weihrauch silencer on.The downside to fitting the silencer is it extends the length by around 5".The zero t 30 yards is about 1/4" down as well, though for the queitness, these downsides are worth compromising for.

I've only used 1 pellet type so far, Daystate FT 4.53's.These are really good pellets, and so far there have been no accuracy problems at all, though I will be trying a variety of other pellets for grouping when I get time and it is a still day.

75 shots on my first fill at 200bar, and there was no noticeable drop off in power after that, so I'd say it is good for 80+ shots from a full fill.

A good touch is that sling swivels are already fitted - I wouldnt have a rifle without a swivel, and this saved me £10 in not having to buy a pair.

I paid £270 + £6 post, which I think is a bargain.This gun is definitely better than the Logun Solo, and is on a par with the AA 400, though the stock is not finished as well as the 400. Maybe I just have a one-off bad stock.Thats the trouble with mail order buying, but, I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone.