defender indicator problem

ditchman

job sorted....wipped the hazard switch out.......i thought it was a simple switch ..but it aint.it has loads of gubbins attatched to it...as it was so old it had started to break apart.....squeezed it together and ..hey presto.everything works again.....jobs a gooden.....i will just glue it together and replace it with a new one when i get it..........

My landy was forever getting moisture into the indicator lense!!! It rusted the connectors.....I ended up packing them with vaseline! Did the trick.

yeah ..done the same thing............i made a good job of glueing the hazard switch back together......its nice and sound now

reason................

its 60 quid to replace !!!!!!! :mad: .........JSF in norwich refuse to stock the cheap ones as they only last 2-3 weeks !!..the old one is a lucas....its done 30 years so it dont owe me anything........

you can get new sealed units...but as you say they come at a price. All the more fun of owning a Landy tho.......Although not so fun with a leaky sunroof seal lol........ ice cold showers in the morning when going round the corners after heavy rain lol

Had this problem on a car once that the hazards worked but no indicators asked at dealership they said its your indicator switch so I took it off and tried it on another car worked ok. Then went to see old friend who trained as a mechanic then took over his fathers car assys shop he gave it some thought then asked me if the car had tow hitch to which I said yes it has, he threw me a new flasher relay saying try this, bet you got heavy duty relay and 2 bulbs not enough power flowing to make it work but under full load of hazard 4 bulbs it is, he was right so kept heavy duty relay for when I towed a trailer and the standard relay in normal use.

Had this problem on a car once that the hazards worked but no indicators asked at dealership they said its your indicator switch so I took it off and tried it on another car worked ok. Then went to see old friend who trained as a mechanic then took over his fathers car assys shop he gave it some thought then asked me if the car had tow hitch to which I said yes it has, he threw me a new flasher relay saying try this, bet you got heavy duty relay and 2 bulbs not enough power flowing to make it work but under full load of hazard 4 bulbs it is, he was right so kept heavy duty relay for when I towed a trailer and the standard relay in normal use.

got a towing hitch........no prob there......mind you i have a big expensive heavy duty boshe battery fitted 7 years ago........its just the hazard switch breaking up...anyway prob sorted now.......

cheers for the input guys

ditch