Game Keeper job for Azerbaijan ?

Hmm ! no feed back on this one so far & this struck me as I had never heard of any game shooting in Azerbaijan & it sounded like a fascinating post & if I was younger I might have been mad enough to apply but a French chap I know who is a dedicated fly fisherman was there fishing & he saw men just helping them selves to fish & stripping the row from them , one assumes they were poachers because they were carrying AK47s . He said you just say nothing to them & just keep your head down & keep on walking ! so I wish the chap who gets the job the best of luck & may God watch over him :hmm:

Poachers with AK47s :sad1: ps that's just not cricket !

Edited by Pole Star

Hmm ! no feed back on this one so far & this struck me as I had never heard of any game shooting in Azerbaijan & it sounded like a fascinating post & if I was younger I might have been mad enough to apply but a French chap I know who is a dedicated fly fisherman was there fishing & he saw men just helping them selves to fish & stripping the row from them , one assumes they were poachers because they were carrying AK47s . He said you just say nothing to them & just keep your head down & keep on walking ! so I wish the chap who gets the job the best of luck & may God watch over him :hmm:

Poachers with AK47s :sad1: ps that's just not cricket !

Wont be long before AK47s are carried by poaches in this country :ninja:

Lets hope not !

I also saw an ad in the Shooting Gazette a few years ago which said Keeper wanted for exciting new pheasant shoot in Tuscany Italy , ITALY :w00t: I would love to know if the position was ever filled & how the keeper dealt with the armies of poachers who bring the along the wives the kids the grand parents & the rest of their tribal relations to enjoy the day :lol: .

Perhaps the estate owner employed the mafia to get rid of em ! :hmm: Pole Star

• 2 weeks later...

Lets hope not !

I also saw an ad in the Shooting Gazette a few years ago which said Keeper wanted for exciting new pheasant shoot in Tuscany Italy , ITALY :w00t: I would love to know if the position was ever filled & how the keeper dealt with the armies of poachers who bring the along the wives the kids the grand parents & the rest of their tribal relations to enjoy the day :lol: .

Perhaps the estate owner employed the mafia to get rid of em ! :hmm: Pole Star

I Quite fancied that one - if it wasn't for the wife and kids!LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm new to this forum,I'm an English Gamekeeper and I've been a keepering in tuscany for the last 6 year,The job you guys are talking about is an estate that I used to advise for not far from me.There are some chalanges to working abroad what ever country it is ( I have also keepered in France) .The laws, the veiws of the locals towards you and there views towards what is poaching and what is not. Mostly this differs vastly from ours.

I've had many run in's with the local hunters some have been just verble some have gone beyond that.The good thing here is the law is on the Game keepers side you have to be licenced and by having this you have the same rights asthe police with in the boundrys of the estate.And you do have the right by law to defend your self by what ever means,and the loacls no this which helps deter.that said they will still send there dogs in on you ground and wait on the boundrys to shoot the fleeing game and there isn't much you can do about it.It is ileagal to shoot there dogs.whith all that said it's not a bad life here good food and wine a big expat community all year sun shine and plenty of wild boar shooting.

Does any one have the deatails of the job in Azerbaijan it could be somthing that i'm interested in.

Thanks

Gary

Hi all

I'm new to this forum,I'm an English Gamekeeper and I've been a keepering in tuscany for the last 6 year,The job you guys are talking about is an estate that I used to advise for not far from me.There are some chalanges to working abroad what ever country it is ( I have also keepered in France) .The laws, the veiws of the locals towards you and there views towards what is poaching and what is not. Mostly this differs vastly from ours.

I've had many run in's with the local hunters some have been just verble some have gone beyond that.The good thing here is the law is on the Game keepers side you have to be licenced and by having this you have the same rights asthe police with in the boundrys of the estate.And you do have the right by law to defend your self by what ever means,and the loacls no this which helps deter.that said they will still send there dogs in on you ground and wait on the boundrys to shoot the fleeing game and there isn't much you can do about it.It is ileagal to shoot there dogs.whith all that said it's not a bad life here good food and wine a big expat community all year sun shine and plenty of wild boar shooting.

Does any one have the deatails of the job in Azerbaijan it could be somthing that i'm interested in.

Thanks

Gary

That job was advertised in the shooting times in mid August I will dig it out & find the details as soon as I can , it certainly sounds like a job for the more adventurous type .

I think some of us on pigeon watch would just love to hear the stories you would be able to tell us .

Back to you soon . ATVB Pole Star

Edited by Pole Star