GWA associate evening flight

Highbird70

Dear Sirs,

Tomorrow night there will be, the first evening flight for associate members, myself and Passionforangling, are meeting with our very good mentor Silver Pigeon 3, hopefully this time we will bag dinner. Really looking forward to meet other members of the club and some PW members too. The tide its looking really good and weather too, should be a good evening....finger crossed.

This time I have an excuse for missing, just bought a Winchester SX3, that I haven't tried yet, hopefully it will fit, without to many alterations to the stock

ATB

Mark

Edited by Highbird70

I did say to you ...not to kiss me at your wedding....lol

Dear Sirs,

Tomorrow night there will be, the first evening flight for associate members, myself and Passionforangling, are meeting with our very good mentor Silver Pigeon 3, hopefully this time we will bag dinner. Really looking forward to meet other members of the club and some PW members too. The tide its looking really good and weather too, should be a good evening....finger crossed.

This time I have an excuse for missing, just bought a Winchester SX3, that I haven't tried yet, hopefully it will fit, without to many alterations to the stock

ATB

Mark

Just remember this if you venture out at Hill LT......

Hi Spaniel,

Nice to hear from you, after experiencing some of the marshes, that have high tides, I think I will comfortably stick to the safe banks, even if that means having to watch the birds out of range, my feet will stay dry...lol

Atb

Mark

Hi Ben / Mark

I went out last night to Hill with Jon and an associate (Andy) hoping for those geese to appear.....well they did but not near us, as they stayed near the farm...

Jon had his decoys out and I brought along the large winged full size babies, but they were having none of it.

So we ventured LW mark, never gone out from the top boundary before as I normally clamber down from the White House end.... it was a bit sticky for the first 25 foot but after that we were on solid ground again....heard a few wigeon and mallard, even the wing beat over us but could not see a thing flying...

Bloody Neoprene waders, I was ok in the mud until I stopped and then it was sticky time, my feet were coming out of the boots, and by the time I tugged on one leg to release myself from the sludge, my other foot was stuck....the neoprene was like elastic it was hard work and I suddenly remembered why I normally wore thigh waders attached to my belt.....

Mark I should add LW mark at Hill provides you with some very good splashes and about half way along you can get some good cover, very good especially when the wigeon appear later, but not a place to ever venture out alone....

Edited by Spaniel