Lidl battery chargers

Dbw1shrops

Just a heads up went in lidl today and picked up a leaflet and it had the car battery chargers in there ! Think but don't quote me on this they are coming in on Thursday so keep em peeled lads and lady's that are in the market for a charger. I use one of these myself on my SLA battery's and they do the job fine plus you can do your other battery's on them car/motorbike etc £13.99 👍

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I bought their charger a week ago. It does not work on batteries that are completely flat. I have 3 of them, rated from 12 amp to 18 amp and when the charger is connected, it stays on 'standby' mode. I bought the charger mainly to charge these batteries, and I'm thinking of taking it back for a refund.

Anyone else tried this charger, and what do you think of it?

yes steve I had the same problem but I put a battery on charge that was not totally flat then connected the flat one to the other one for 10 min and then put the flat one on its own and it seemed to take a charge

Are you saying that you joined the 'flat one' to the 'not so flat one' and then tried it on it's own, and if so, did you leave the charger connected whilst doing this?

Steve.

mine did that then it started to pulse charge it...and that was a battery i thought had had its day but now it holding 12.9 volts good charger.. so i brought another one

I think if you leave it connected it will work out that it needs pulse charging which from what i gather is a little bit at a time till its got enough for a full charge

Edited by sirgoldalot

mine did that then it started to pulse charge it...and that was a battery i thought had had its day but now it holding 12.9 volts good charger.. so i brought another one

I think if you leave it connected it will work out that it needs pulse charging which from what i gather is a little bit at a time till its got enough for a full charge

Thanks. I'll connect up the battery and leave it for a couple of hours to see what happens. :good:

• 5 weeks later...

sort of still on topic but does anyone use a solar power trickle charger to keep car batterys topped up, suppose im thing short journeys in winter you often see cars get flat battery was thinking of putting one on my mothers car just as a backup

any you can recommend ? found 4 watt 12volt for around £19-20

Edited by maxus77

My mate bought one recently because he only does journeys of around 6 mile every other day. He was told about these by an RAC man. I'm not sure where he bought it from though.

well found chinese job here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solar-Powered-Cars-Boats-Motorcycle-Battery-Charger-Panel-Trickle-4-5W-12V-/281161064263?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item4176815f47

or bit more money and not as high wattage this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solar-Powered-Cars-Boats-Motorcycle-Battery-Charger-Panel-Trickle-4-5W-12V-/281161064263?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item4176815f47

have to say maplin one does look a little better though

edit maybe this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Volt-Solar-Panel-Power-Charger-Car-Mobile-Camper-Booster-Battery-Trickle-/121119410987?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item1c33478b2b

Edited by maxus77

• 2 weeks later...