Liege shotguns

Nritch86

The son in law had the same situation and asked me about a 20 that he had been given by his late Grandfather.

Andy H is the man. He helped us with info.

Read the stuff on my thread in this link. you can follow some of the links supplied by Andy H. Ours turned out to have been proofed in 1937. We wondered what it's history was. It is still knocking them down.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/254500-shotgun-id-help/

You have a date code on there of 1927 or 1967 and a inspectors stamp of Delsaux Walther who was working at Leige from 1929 to 1968 so the original proof date should be 1967 , The chamber is 12 bore with 65mm length ,there are makers marks on there but the pictures are a bit dark to identify, Try taking them outdoors in daylight or rub a bit of light chalk into them especially on the first 100mm of the round part of the barrels.

cheers Andy H

Hi thanks for your help I will try and get some more pics in better light ASAP . But if I'm understanding it right it has to be older than 1967 my Gramp told me stories of him shooting this gun when he was a young boy but that would make this gun younger than my dad let alone my Gramp

But I will put some more pictures up thanks again

After having your pictures open on 3 different pc\s all at once to compare marks against the data i have seen that the serial no's on the action and barrels do not match also the action was only proofed for nitro in 1927 the date code for that is still an f but has been stamped in cursive style.

The barrels seem to have two sets of proof marks one set for black powder pre 1924 and then another set for nitro proof after 1924 together with a date code for 1927 but stamped as a lower case f in a different style to the action and then on the round portion of the barrels is a star with a k under it and that was not used until 1929 at least .

I think that at some time the original gun had a damaged set of barrels and another set of barrels was mated to the action but they only had black powder proof and so it was sent for reproof to nitro standard at Leige.