Stocks re-done

Lancs Lad

All..................

I have a friend that does wonders with gun stocks...........

Stripping and re-oiling is around the 50 quid mark for a standard shotty............

This guy is HIGHLY established. Hes a very good friend with Tony Belas from Daystate and you may have met him at the Midlands Game Fair if you attended the Daystate tent.

This guy can produce HIGH quality stock finishes and also tunes air rifles.

Should anyone be interested in obtaining further info on getting your woodwork up to a wonderful standard then please drop me a line.

STOCKS AND FOREGRIPS ONLY.................NO GUNS ON ACTIONS.....

RIMMIES....CENTREFIRES ALSO UNDERTAKEN.

Sounds like a bargain. Our local gunshop charges £70.

Just working on getting an album together.............Will stick a link up when he pulls his finger out....

I'll keep an eye on this for pics, My 686 had a knock on the stock while we were away shooting last month, The guy at the shop tried to sort it for me but you can still see where he's tried to repair it.

Steve

anyone that wants to have a look at Tonys work

http://www.picturetrail.com/sniper4265

lightening, darkening etc etc....

Process will take about a week.

NO ACTIONS...........must be stocks and fore ends only....but pads etc removed just wood.

Any one who is interested please PM me and I will put you in contact with him.....

That advice is for pump, auto and over/unders (SBS may be different). On the first three -you may have to remove the trigger guard screw if your trigger guard extends on to your stock. If you have a recoil pad, look for two slits or holes in the end. Put a screwdriver through and you will be able to feel the screws. Most are phillips type, but some are the slotted screws. Unscrew them. They normally stay in the pad and don't always screw completely out. To remove the stock from the action - I hold the action in one hand and smartly smack the pistol grip with my hand or a rubber mallet. Just make sure your stock has a short drop and something soft to land on.

Ive had a fair few PMs expressing interest..........................

Tony has OKD me to give out his phone number to those that are looking to have work done.

Speaking to him, the process takes around a week to do, depending on the wood and temperatures to get the oil to soak into the woodwork.

I wont post his number on general forum but will be happy to pass it on via PM, anyone who wants to make an enquiry please drop me a quick PM.

Just a quick heads up, Tony suffers from Parkinsons Disease, sometimes depending on how he is feeling he may be a bit hard to undestand on the phone. A bit like me after 5 tins of wife beater..........

Bear with him and have a good natter, discuss what you are after and then get your stocks apart and off to him.

Cheers......

thanks for thepublicity jon. im hoping to turn a stock round in a week. the finish will depend on the wood. also thedepth of shine too. after all, you cant polish a ****:)

the wood will be sealed and ready to apply the rest of the oil when you get it back. ill do all the hard work so its up to you to finish it at the following rates.

oil the stock sparingly once a week for a month, once a month for a year then every time you even think about it :yes:

id advise the customer to use quality stock oil by ccl or trade secrets. tru oil is in my opinion, the devils semen. it clogs the pores and takes ages to get looking anywhere as good as other oils.

gordon - the one you wanted asap is taking oil well, its a nice dark brown and the chequering is clean now :lol:

the other one will amze you when you see it, its a darker colour than it was, ive smoothed the inserts and started to oil it.

ill let you know when you can pick em up.

Sniper didn't realise this was you. When you said "you can't polish a ****", my thoughts went to the slightly battered Winchester stock I left you - I started thinking - well I hope he can polish *****, otherwise I'm in bother. Your kind words about Truoil struck a chord - I've used it badly for years.

thanks for thepublicity jon. im hoping to turn a stock round in a week. the finish will depend on the wood. also thedepth of shine too. after all, you cant polish a ****:)

the wood will be sealed and ready to apply the rest of the oil when you get it back. ill do all the hard work so its up to you to finish it at the following rates.

oil the stock sparingly once a week for a month, once a month for a year then every time you even think about it :yes:

id advise the customer to use quality stock oil by ccl or trade secrets. tru oil is in my opinion, the devils semen. it clogs the pores and takes ages to get looking anywhere as good as other oils.

gordon - the one you wanted asap is taking oil well, its a nice dark brown and the chequering is clean now :lol:

the other one will amze you when you see it, its a darker colour than it was, ive smoothed the inserts and started to oil it.

ill let you know when you can pick em up.

Ahhh.................so you have found the dark side eh tony.............................give it a month or so and you will have traded in all your air guns and come big boys shooting with me.....

Like that would ever happen.....

So lads,,,,tony the stock master has registered,,,,,,,,,,,any questions you have then you can either PM or post on here................maybe start a thread on the general forum...

Bit of a good night so far.

Picked up stocks from Tony. Well pleased. He had a mountain to climb with the Winchester - you can't oil away a repair, but it looks better wood than when it came out of the box. Miroku has a nice lustre to it and looks light years from when I took it to him. Stuck to price and beat his own deadline.

Highly recommended - nice bloke too. Thanks Tony.

Was due to visit daughter in law in hospital - discharged just as we were setting off - saved a visit. I hate hospital visiting. Fifth time in with false labour pains.

sorry gordon im not a sgc owner. i am only air gun im afraid. i find the wood work side of it therapuetic. especially like this week when im suffereing with insomnia. i sat up for two nights oiling the stocks you gave me and im pleased i can be of assistance.

dont be a stranger gordon, feel free to pop in for a natter.

ps hows the cd?