whats the dangers of going over 12lbs

mshadowsky

i totally agree its an archaic law and one that seems to have more loopholes than a loopholey thing.i cant fathom how the factories can send out air rifles and gunshops sell the same with no assurance they are under or on the legal limit.makes me wonder do gunshops chrono the rifles they sell as second hand to cover their backs ? also makes me wonder how the hell you chrono a rifle ?

can you get the same readings using the same technique for a .177 as a .357 big game gun ? pardon my ignorance

edited to add i dont expect a .177 to give the same reading as a .357 rigby but are the principals the same ?

Yes my local gunshop chrono's second hand guns before selling them on as i asked about my BSA when i brought it second hand. Although my local gun shop is brillant so not sure if all do chrono but i would imagine so, it makes sense to do a quick check to be on the safe side. Could save them lots of hassle in the long run!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...