cleaning rod

Sundodger

Hi guys

Just a quick question

what is the thread on the cleaning pole, the reason for asking is I have got some new cleaning mops and copper wire brush but the thread is metric and will not fit my cleaning rod,

I have a metal working lathe and thought of making a converter thread so I can use the new mop and brush. but I do not know what thread it is, can any one help.

sundodger

Edited by Sundodger

I measured my The Lightwood Norfolk 1A cleaning rod last night, bought in 1979. The threads diameter came out at 0.2815" on the electronic measuring stick so that's 9/32" the pitch was 26 TPI. After a bit of digging in the materials data book it looks like it's a British Standard Brass Thread (Whitworth Form) which was a new one on me.

Hope this helps

Tom

Hi guys

Just a quick question

what is the thread on the cleaning pole, the reason for asking is I have got some new cleaning mops and copper wire brush but the thread is metric and will not fit my cleaning rod,

I have a metal working lathe and thought of making a converter thread so I can use the new mop and brush. but I do not know what thread it is, can any one help.

sundodger

Hi Sundoger

As deershooter said it is a special Parker Hale thread, I Modified mine by running down a fully opened up M7 die, Its a bit of a slopy fit but it works, Hope this helps.

Mick. :good:

Mick.