Hornady. 17

snarepeg

I had a lot of trouble with Remington V-max .17, split cases and a couple of jams, smoke out of the breech, etc. I had 30 rounds left from a batch of 250 and went through them with a magnifying glass and found another four with cracks before firing. All Remington and Hornady .17 are made at the CCI factory I'm told, so it seems to be a factory problem that will continue. The full story of mine is on my blog. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/17-hmr-bullets-jammed-in-the-barrel-on-cz452-rifle-with-remington-ammo/

i never have any problems with any hornady .17hmr

and no not all 17 hmr are loaded in CCI factory.

on top of that its quite old problem and by now old stock of ammo with split neck is runing low or all gone by now.

just return faulty box to deeler and get him to replace it with diefrent batch nr.

I had an experience with my hmr a few weeks ago. The mag exploded duevto dodgy hornady ammo.i had a new mag and I tried it out down the range this morning. I will use the rest of my ammo and then change to Winchester. Had the hmr for a few years and I love it.so even tho I had an exolosive issue I'll still keep it

• 2 weeks later...