Reblueing (Sp?) a Beretta

tullyhubbert

Hello all, its my first post here (been lurking since Oct) so I'll introduce myself as a N.Ireland rough shooter called John.

I'd like some information and advice about geting a gun reblued. Its a Beretta 686 and belongs to my brother. The blueing is still dark and bright but the previous owner allowed some corrosion spots to form in approx a dozen places. They are only a cosmetic problem but he'd like to get rid of them. I'd like to know where to get it done and how much its likely to cost. Obviously he'd like to pay as little as possible but not to the detriment of quality. Another thought is the trigger guard and fore end lever, can they be redone as well? The trigger guard may be a problem as there is a silver "L" on it.

I own the same brand and model of gun and it has no corrosion on it. However the finish has long since looked dark and new, its well faded without being worn off anywhere. I may be interested in getting it done as well.

Of course I could contact my local gunsmith but I'd like to have a few options. Thanks in advance for any advice. :yes:

John

• 2 weeks later...
do you go down to Hollow Farm much?

Usually just for cartridges and other bits and pieces. I used to shoot the occasional line of clays but I don't do that now. Shot a couple of lines last summer when I went down with 6 complete rookies from work. One of them had organised instruction from a guy called Terry, to be honest I found it very interesting and informative.

John