SSI micro electronic ear plugs.

simonix

Just want to warn other PW members not to bother buying these ear plugs if you see them.

I bought some this morning for £35, then went to my local clay ground to try them out. Well, they amplify sounds reasonably enough and don't distort too much either. However, they do not protect your ears from the gunshot! After firing 5 shots, I found myself flinching and needed to change them out for regular foam earplugs because of ringing in my ears!!!

There is no NRR rating on the packaging and now I can see why! Total waste of money!

:-(

Edited by simonix

I fitted the largest set of plugs that came with them with that in mind welshwarrior.

I phoned up the shop where I bought them to say they were no good. They have asked me to write a letter stating my issues with them so they can see if they can get a refund for me from the supplier! Shop won't give me a refund directly though which I think is a little harsh, and probably against my statutory rights too to be honest?!

Amazon.com has some bad reviews of them. :-(

I tried adding some "inserts" from another ear plug set I have into the silicon cups. These inserts are rated to 23NRR.

This has massively improved the noise suppression! I just have to now have the volume turned up to full to benefit from the "electronic hearing enhancement".

Going to give them another go with my "modification" this weekend and see if it's better. The inserts are easily removable so won't damage them anyway.