How full is your case, the fuller the better from a consistency point of view.

How does the rifle shoot factory ammo?, it may be that the fore end is touching the barrel when it gets hot.

I used to have a new high end 22.250 that shot like a shotgun, 75mm groups on a good day. In the end we found that the throat on the rifle was very long, setting the bullets (55s) out another 20 thou was still short of the rifling but gave reasonable groups.

A

According to my manual case length for 25-06 remington should be 2.494 and OAL should be max of 3.250. You should be reloading with a manual in front of you or your asking for trouble. Are you new to reloading or just this calibre. OAL will vary with bullet weight but you should be 3.165 for 117 gr but this will depend on your powder and my manual doesnt list N165 for that weight.

If your new to reloading stick with manual advice and concentrate on powder weight/bullet combinations.I've been there and done that in a few calibres now and find that playing with bullet depth doesnt make alot of differance in hunting loads with hunting rifles.

Ps stringing is usually the effect of a warming barrel in my experience, have you tried letting the barrel cool between rounds, boring I know but for a hunting rifle the cold barrel shot is usually the only one you will need.

Edited by Redgum

Start by finding data, never components and then data. if your really struggling (which is unusual these days with data on powder and bullet manufacturers web pages) give me a PM and I can run it in quickload. I had a mate who changed to 25-06 for a while from .243 win then changed back again, its a very popular thing Stateside though being a necked down 30-06 you can understand that one.

Its not really a popular calibre here so I wouldn't be too surprised to find nobody able to help directly. If you follow the correct reloading preocedures and likely recipes in your reloading manual you will be 90% of the way there, otherwise it is a case of trying alternate bullets or powders. barrels are as unique as their owners. Shame it isn't a 22(5-06) Hornet, Kent could bore you to death about it

Especially if they cant sell you anything