Hello chaps, Just picked up a old Belgium 12 gauge SXS blackpowder hammer gun that i'm in the process of recommissioning.My question is should i go down the Explosive certificate route to acquire and reload or just buy boxes of black powder ammo as needed. Probably won't shoot more than 500 rounds per year through it so is the reloading route viable.Any sensible advice would be gratefully received.

Bet if you get to reload you won't stop shooting it! :yes:

No need to get a big box too. I made a small one. 3/4" wood, foam insulation for the hinged lid and a lock.

Thats in another box I happened on.

Cheap a schips! (me all over lol).

Reloading shot shells with BP is the simplist of reloading ever!

U.

I was once given a carrier bag full of bp cartridges, turned out to be 35g 6s. I knew what to expect as I'd seen bp used on ranges no end of times but the farmers son didn't; he came running down the field to check I was ok "I thought your gun had blown up!"

All very entertaining and they killed very well but were absolutely filthy and not something I'd recommend in a semi auto. Yep, been there. Use with care when everything's dry in summer too.