rimmy optic advice please

Conygree

While I'm still awaiting for my FAC/SGS for 5 months, any advice to help please on optics. I use a HW90K air rifle with WTC 3.5 - 10 x50 30/30 looks fine, would an air rifle scope be ok on a rimmy or is it best to buy a rifle scope say 8x 40, after all this waiting I would hate to get it wrong, either go too cheap or shell out too much. Plus any opions on carbine or say 20+" barrels most shooting won't change walking around with a rimmy on the woods say 60 m or less. :lol:

Also its my Birthday today to my surprise my tiny veggie wife actually went into a gun shop to buy me a pressy. It must have been like an 8yr old buying his first fags. :P

Walking round the woods??

You do know shooting into trees with a Rimmy or any other Firearm is a no no due to the carry over of the bullet?

Yep - I plan to carry an light weight Evolution on a long sling across my back for 'assessed safe shots' its on a 4,500 acre undulating ground shooting estate, I use trees to get a high support to give a down angle even with the air rifle, or just leave it. Even if pigeons go up it could be a deer lifting them or the keeper as he gets upset with the stalkers taking shots at him, we all try to pre contact with mobiles on movements. :P

No not N.I. the hitech Thames Valley the slowest FAC in the UK + 5 months :lol:? :lol:

Walking round the woods??

You do know shooting into trees with a Rimmy or any other Firearm is a no no due to the carry over of the bullet?

Yep - I plan to carry an light weight Evolution on a long sling across my back for 'assessed safe shots' its on a 4,500 acre undulating ground shooting estate, I use trees to get a high support to give a down angle even with the air rifle, or just leave it. Even if pigeons go up it could be a deer lifting them or the keeper as he gets upset with the stalkers taking shots at him, we all try to pre contact with mobiles on movements. :P

No not N.I. the hitech Thames Valley the slowest FAC in the UK + 5 months :lol:? :lol:

Have you thought about an FAC Air-rifle, good for tree and ground shots at the 60 yards you are talking? It maybe the better option, carrying 2 guns about ain't no fun :lol:

I tried carrying a Hw90k plus the Evo and flask bag bit of a pain as a try out, as it will be just my luck to have a rimmy and all the squirrels etc move up that day. Wondering if its worth upping the hw90k and putting it on ticket . The woods vary some are great for 60m shots with some squirrels in the trees where the evo is great for standing shots but I like the hw90k for longer supported shots, hence putting in for a 22 rimmy. Some woods are 12ft/lb woods only, plus days out with my son (we sector up the woods for safety)

On squirrels I shot 170 last year but if I could have taken accurate say 50-60 m ground shots would have done better plus some more bunnies.

Not sure what you could up the 90 to but if it turned out like the Eliminator I am led to believe they can be tricky to shoot as they are very sensitive to how you hold them. A better option maybe to trade it for a PCP running around 25 - 30 ft lbs, having the Elan you obviously have the charging gear.