New Rifle

monkeyjaimz

This may make other people jeleouse because I was going to the Bisely Air Rifle club for a wile and whilst I was going there was a man with a air arms S410 Carbine and he did me a straite swap for my Fenmon Profile.

And the reason he did this is because he was a acomplished field tatget shooter and was fed up of getting pelet on pellet with the gun and he said it was no challenge shooting with a PCP anymore so wanted our springer for a challenge.

Bisley Airgun Club is a very,very good range whilst I was going there I have met Terry Le Cheminant, he is a really nice guy and I would recomend the range to anybody.

As already mentioned the Airarms are praised (alot!). My friend has an AA S400 and it is excellant to say the least. I have a Daystate X2 and also, it is an incredible rifle. I am in love with it hehe. Your best bet with a part ex would be to visit your local gun/rifle shop for advice and too see if they have any they would be willing to part ex.

What have you got at the moment and what are you willing to pay to part ex for a pcp??

Im shooting an Umerex Airmagnum 850 (camo version) with a Walther 3-9 x 40 scope at the moment, not had it that long, but i think im a bit too demanding for it and i should have took more time to choose when i bought it. i actually got it from my local gun shop, but he seems to have become a corporate shill for this german company (umerex / brockock)and doesnt stock anything else. Want something dependable, accurate and above all quiet. Also multi-shot would be a big advantage.

Im shooting an Umerex Airmagnum 850 (camo version) with a Walther 3-9 x 40 scope at the moment, not had it that long, but i think im a bit too demanding for it.

If you have not had it for long then you wil not have grown out of it. You will not be able to out shoot it so stick with it for a while!

The technique you develop with it will last a lifetime, you may fancey a new rifle and good luck to you, but don't think you have out grown a springer!

now ime gonna upset alot of members here ,but here goes borrowed a s410 classic off a mate for 2 weeks cos i was gonna uprate from a springer sorry guys it was a dog cocking was awkward , and only accurate on sweet part of the charge all i here air arms by the way ,it was only 6 months old :)

You won't upset us "col s10", however we might be able to teach you a few things.

EVERY unregulated rifle only performs in the "sweet spot" a bit like a Turbo on a car.

You should have read up a bit before you used it, still maybe you can gain a bit of experience and then have another go. :/

once bitten twice shy just go get a regulated rifle

Or learn to shoot an unregulated one!

I know you might like the AAS4**, and you are entitled to your opinion but to immediatly write off the Best selling pneumatic rifle seems a little odd.

Anyway good luck with whatever you purchase and keep us informed of how you get on. :/

Im shooting an Umerex Airmagnum 850 (camo version) with a Walther 3-9 x 40 scope at the moment, not had it that long, but i think im a bit too demanding for it.

If you have not had it for long then you wil not have grown out of it. You will not be able to out shoot it so stick with it for a while!

The technique you develop with it will last a lifetime, you may fancey a new rifle and good luck to you, but don't think you have out grown a springer!

I understand what you're saying, I've had a springer for a while and it's great. Trouble is that it's also very noisy when fired and also when cocking it again (not great when hunting). So I went for the Umerex thinking it would be better (quieter, and and 8 round bolt action). Unfortunately the co2 powered umerex is even louder than my springer and i've also discovered that co2 behaves differantly at differant temperatures and i've found that the accuracy varies considerably from day to day. I know that if i spent enough time with it that i would eventually get used to it etc and perhaps be able to judge the behaviour of it as time goes by. But at the end of the day, i just want a reliable, quiet rifle that i can have confidence in and rely on, frankly i dont feel that the umerex fits the bill at all. My plan is to find a decent gun shop that will do a part ex and take both rifles in, but im going to take my time choosing the right replacement, that is hopefully going to be with me for very long time.

Found a place in leeds not far from the missus' place so gonna take both the springer and airmagnum in for a px deal this weekend. I was thinking about BSA (Ultra, Hornet or Scorpion), AGS PCR1 or perhaps an Air Arms S200.

As an entry into the Precharged scene, anyone got any thoughts? im going to go for .22 also.

Cheers compadres :look: