SAKO QUAD

jonno 357

After selling my trusty CZ American Varmint 17hmr to Mikky. I opted for the Sako Quad. I purchased the Quad 17hmr last week and this weekend I bought the spare 22lr barrel.

After I got home on Saturday and tried the 22lr barrel in the action, I couldn't close the bolt without a massive amount of force. When I eventually did cock the rifle, I could open the bolt without someone else holding the rifle. Shock horror this bloody barrel is too long me thinks and no headspace

I re watched the intruction CD and yep I was doing it right. Pannick is setting in now. The crappy barrel had me stressing over it all weekend and was ready for a load of verbals with GMK this morning

Got through to technical guy this morning and explained I bought the original rifle with the 17hmr barrel and the 22lr barrel as an extra from another gunshop

I told him the bolt would cock with the 22 barrel in place. He asked me if I had put the barrel in 1st ? (as per intructions) Yes I said. He says " well do it the opposite way from both written and video cd"

I said "well this is the complete opposite to the intruction" ?

He says "yer I know"( in an Andy Pippinkin sort of way )

Well thanks a bloody lot mate.

Anyway rant over sako is now sorted. The 10//22 is now sold and the Buckmark is on order :/:no:

Jonno

interesting move around

will be intrested to hear about the buck mark. Is there a way to disable the last shot magazine drop option?

the sako quads have not been met with so much welcome as most sako's.

I know one avid sako fan who sold his quad as he couldnt get it to hold zero after changing silencers. After a good 9 months of struggling he just sold it. Now shoots a 17 marlin!

which barrel are you keeping on it for the moment?

Don't know anything much about the buckmark Nick. Just that its the Dogs Boll*x and after owning a few 10//22 with all the bells & whistles the Browning is out of the box 1000 times better.

Have you used the buckmark Nick. These things weight nothing. The stock is really top quality laminate and the parkerised finish of the rifle is :lol::good::lol: Nuff said

The Parker Hale sound moderator is the same OD as the Target Barrel on the Browning

This is going for a shot blast and a parkerised finish added to the sound mod. In effect it will look part of the barrel rather than one of those crappy SAK mods hung off the end

I've now sold a 10/22 so the variation will be going in for another semi auto. The browning is on order :P

As for the Sako. Nowt doing at the moment. Its sat in the cabinet feeling sorry for itself. Naked with no scope. Scope on its way from USA

The 17hmr barrel is going to Steve Kershaw for a chop, re-screwcut & crown. Might be able to get him to sort out the 22lr barrel headspace

I don't know why I bought the 22lr barrel ? I won't even use it. The browning will do the rabbiting work if required as that will be screwcut

Thats about it. Oh and I owe my dentist The ******* robbing ******* £324 for some forth coming dentistry ???:no::good::no:

sakoquad002.jpg

Jonno

Edited by Axe

i would take it back and get a anchutz for the same money dont get me wrong i love SAKO i just wish the older models were still in production dont know why they change a good thing the SAKO Finfire from what i hear is a fantastic rifle i have one comming to me well good luck what ever you do :look: :no: