Webley and Scott 100, parts wanted. well just the barrel.

tayash

Bought this gun from a dealer who was closing down. Got home and discovered it was hand cut to 24 inches and no extra proof marks. I've tried contacting him to no avail. So rather than risk it I wondered if there are any spare barrels out there for this gun or where I could get one?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tayash

I was always under the impression it was a criminal offense to sell a firearm that carried no proof marks. Any change to a firearm that renders the current proofing invalid would surly fall under the same category as not having any.

If the gun has a barrel length of less than 24" it is illegal to sell it to a shotgun certificate holder or/and hold it on a shotgun certificate, the fact that a shotgun barrel has been shortened does not require it to be re-proofed, so there would be no requirement for it to bear extra proof marks over and above the original ones!

P1

Hi panoma1, the barrel is 24 and a smidge so in that respect it's ok.

How i interpret the law if you cut the barrel down and keep it for ever thats fine, but to sell it on it does need to be reproofed.. I could be wrong as i'm new to shooting really.... The other thing the sites looks like it's been welded by spot weld through the barrel so this might also be an issue? I'm look for another barrel so when the day i sell it, it will all be legal.. :-)