.22 RIM LR / WMR

Hello Chaps,

<_< This may be a stupid question and I may get some abuse here but this caliber is a new experiance for me so please try to understand. :lol::lol:

Hear goes, :lol: can .22 wmr bullets be used in normal .22 lr guns. I have just noticed that they are allmost twice the size of a normal .22lr bullet.

would you need to apply for a .22 wmr separate from a .22lr??? and what are the advantages of a .22wmr over a normal .22 lr.

thanks in advance.

kipper. :lol:

22WMR has more stopping power, longer range, around 150yds for small varmints, and 100yds for mr fox.

The 22LR has a shorter range, less stopping power, ideal on rabbits and varmints that sort of size, with the 22LR dont bite of more than you can chew, it is not a 200yds fox killer.

I use mine on rabbits and clean kills are assured with good shots out to 75yds.

You have to apply seperately so I was told by my FEO for 22WMR and 22LR, as I to stated, could I buy both as my cert said 22 Rim, which covers the whole 22 rimfire range, he said this just applyes to 22LR, 22WMR is a seperate caliber and needs to be applyed as a seperate caliber.

.22wmr is a fantastic round and highly underrated (that said from the guy who just sold his for a .17hmr)

But seriouly are really good they have an effective range of about 150yards and will take foxs at that range no problem providing you can put the bullet in the right place. They offer alot more knock down power over a normal .22lr and i mean alot more.

.22wmr cannot be fired out of a .22lr rifle the casing is much longer and the bullet is .001 of an inch less in diameter

Remmington offer a really good load in 33gr v-max which is excellent.

Not really a rabbit gun unless your taking headshots but the perfect comprimise rabbit/fox gun

I sold mine because i like the tradjectory of the .17hmr and its accuracy

Here is what it did to a hare at 50yards

DSC00114Large.jpg

and what the round looks like

DSC00076Large.jpg