todays shoot

brooke

went off at six o clock this morning,got to farm and the farmer was straight to his land rover to show us around.

he pointed out three fields that were being hit by birds.

all looked very good but the one he wanted shot was lifting with birds....and i mean lifting...(1000 plus).

the only bad point was it was a huge field and the only access would be by tractor.

he said we had to go back to the farm and get one,we did but only i was to drive it,he also put a bucket on for all our gear.

this farmer is one in a million,off i went up the road after a lesson in tractor driving.

when we got to our field,we noticed cars and dogs appearing......yes it was a shoot,right on the land we were going to shoot.

we chatted with some of the guns and so as not to tread on their toes and spoil anything we returned back to the farm very unhappy.

the farmer made some calls and twenty minutes later we were on a neighbours farm setting up the hide.

a poor day with only a dozen or so birds but we will be back in the tractor on sunday.

just goes to show that some farmers will do everything they can for you once they trust you.

and to top of the day we landed the neighbours farm too,so now i have even more land to shoot.

and a BIG thankyou to the nice farmer.

one in a million...

hes a top man,he also contracts to other farms which is why he can spare the machinery.

i just cant understand that where i live is bare of pigeons and 35 mile down the road is lifting with them.

beats rabbits though,a dozen birds is better than 50 rabbits for me.