1998/99 2.0i Frontera Sport Spares/Repair/Offroad

Zapp

Folks,

It is with great regret that I have to put my shooting truck up for sale after it failed its MOT and I took the decision to upgrade.

The vehicle is a S reg (98/99) blue Vauxhall Frontera Sport 2.0i petrol, fitted with 4 Kingpin Amazon mud tyres with a standard road tyre on the spare.

I can honestly say I've been astonished at how good this vehicle is offroad, having used it through the worst of the wet weather last year offroad without even really needing to put it into 4wd, let alone low ratio.

The other great thing about these trucks is that the back is held on by 4 clasps, meaning you can pop it off in about 30 seconds, and with the rear seats folded you have ample room for a lamp man and a shooter. The back also has a surprising amount of carrying capacity with the back seats stowed. I regularly used to carry 9 full 9 gallon beer firkins in there, and could have squeezed a couple more in were it not for me being worried about them shifting and hitting the side windows.

This vehicle would make a superb lamping truck or offroad toy for someone, and starts and drives absolutely fine. It is being sold spares or repair and has no MOT and the tax will run out at the end of April..

I should also mention that it has been owned by not one, but two PW mods. This will be worth serious money one day..... :lol:

I also have two spare road tyres for it.

The price is £380 with the spare tyres or £350 without.

One less good thing is that it is thirsty, averaging 20-22mpg, but that is par for the course with this model, especially when you stick big knobbly tyres on!

General Info:

Central locking

Power steering

Electric front windows

Alarm

High and low ratio 4wd

Original tape cassette player for your old skool tunes

Good bits:

Amazingly good off road

Good carrying capacity

Quick remove rear roof turns it into the ultimate lamping truck in minutes

Starts every time and drives fine

Bad bits:

Thirsty

Some rust on front bumper and rear door, smaller spots on rear wheel arches

Paintwork pretty scuffed up

Front drivers side tyre loses pressure very slowly (once a week topup was good enough for road use)

MOT failure for:

Nearside headlight not working on dip, same headlamp insecure, exhaust has major gasleak and not adequately supported (both fixed I believe).

Advisories:

Nearside side repeater lens missing, offside front indicator lens missing, oil leak, exhaust leaking, front number plate damaged, all tyres badly perished (listed as dangerous, but another mechanic who has seen them reckons it isnt as bad as that), rear seats not in use (err, yes they are), brake pipes corroded, fuel pipes corroded, front brake pipes worn and corroded, offside bottom ball joint boot deteriorated, play in offside front wheel bearing.

Also, the breather pipe is cracked, meaning that you need to go easy as you are filling it or some fuel will spill out down the side of the tank. As long as you are careful though it isnt too bad.

I was quoted £400 by a mechanic inc labour to get it roadworthy, though I'm sure anyone with mechanical skill could do it for a fraction of the cost. It really needs nothing done for offroad use.

This is the only pic I have of it at the moment, but can get more if required. It is an older pic, but the truck is basically as seen.

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Located in Rushden, Northamptonshire the vehicle is for sale as single unit, I wont be breaking it myself for individual spares.

527289_10151970553235694_1597984064_n.jpg

Man, I tried so hard to remember everything first time...

Mileage is 117,258, and the passenger door lock has fallen into the door. This means it cant be physically unlocked from that side with the key, but also doesnt affect the security of the vehicle.