Mendip shooting ground

HDAV

Hi,

yes you have to use Mendips cartridges. Haven't been for a while but I seem to remember that the most cost effective way to shoot there as a non member was for three people to shoot 80 clays each and split a 250 slab of cartridges. Hope this helps

Adrian

I did give him a ring but didn't find out what was special about them they are a standard express load and at £4.50 a box I don't mind buying onsite for a 1 off if I was a regular I would buy them in bulk anyway

Well shop there today it was rather busy and slightly disorganised the carts are all loaded by express and there was a choice of 21g lead 24g steel £4 a box or 28g lead £5 a box there didn't seem to be any discount buying a slab. The steel I shot where ok and did the business and were plaswad, the trap/skeet/Compak layouts are plas the sporting shoot may become fibre only at some point. They have a stunning little DTL layout which was busy with a "group" but next time I thinkni'll book that layout take a slab of carts and have enjoyable time think I might pop along to the Avalon open day as when I popped in the shop they had a lovely 725 black which I would like to try and also a CG high rib

Busy little ground friendly bunch but very much catering for the local social sporting shooters shame really they do have ABT and skeet but most seem to stick to sporting/fitasc

Edited by HDAV