why the ban in bird flu areas ?

auto culto

there's probably a very good reason that Ive overlooked, but why is there a shooting ban in place in the vicinity of the bird flu area ? I would have though a quarantine would have been better IE shoot anything coming out of that area to stop any spread of the disease. Providing the birds are handled and destroyed correctly and not eaten i cant see the problem.

i think the idea is that if you were to shoot in the area and the birds in the area had this flue

the shooting of guns etc would spread the birds over a bigger area and thus assist the spreading of any outbreak hope this changes your thought mate

as i agree with a ban in these areas where there has been an out break of bird flue

cheers kirky

Not everyone who would shoot would know proper handling procedures, how to disinfect, how not to spread the problem on.

If all the shooters lived where they shot, and were not planning on going anywhere, seeing anyone else or talking to another living sole for weeks, then perhaps the ban wouldn't make sense.

The danger isn't from eating birds that are infected :good:

Not everyone who would shoot would know proper handling procedures, how to disinfect, how not to spread the problem on.

If all the shooters lived where they shot, and were not planning on going anywhere, seeing anyone else or talking to another living sole for weeks, then perhaps the ban wouldn't make sense.

The danger isn't from eating birds that are infected :)

pin i think you are missing the point mate

if you wade in shooting you will just spread the birds in the area and that in turn would spread any infection faster

as you could never shoot them all in one area

think about it

cheers kirky