bugger its all gone wrong

taxidermy dave

got up this morning and decided to go look for some birds(pigeons that is :D ) first two farms had nothing on them except the odd one flighting over,then remembered about a huge field that was left set aside and normally has a few on it, aswell as crows,anyway after 15 min of driving i got there and to my suprise it had been drilled and it was full of em :) .Put the old moter into 4x4 and started to go up the hill to get to the only part i can shoot cos of the footpath running all round it which is a good 3/4mile from the road side,I should of realised when i started to go sideways that this was a bad idea but kept at it, got to the top and tryed to turn only to go into the hedge and get horribly stuck,i had no signal on me phone and there was noone about to help,after about half hour i finally managed to get out,and then it started to absolutly lash down.So here i am at home bored and miserable with nothing to do, :no: poxy bloody weather, i need some decent tyres on my truck i think!!!!!

dave

got up this morning and decided to go look for some birds(pigeons that is :) ) first two farms had nothing on them except the odd one flighting over,then remembered about a huge field that was left set aside and normally has a few on it, aswell as crows,anyway after 15 min of driving i got there and to my suprise it had been drilled and it was full of em :no: .Put the old moter into 4x4 and started to go up the hill to get to the only part i can shoot cos of the footpath running all round it which is a good 3/4mile from the road side,I should of realised when i started to go sideways that this was a bad idea but kept at it, got to the top and tryed to turn only to go into the hedge and get horribly stuck,i had no signal on me phone and there was noone about to help,after about half hour i finally managed to get out,and then it started to absolutly lash down.So here i am at home bored and miserable with nothing to do, :o poxy bloody weather, i need some decent tyres on my truck i think!!!!!

dave

lol i sympathise with you Dave! I took a lad out lamping with me sat evening and for the first few hours all went well. But then it started lashing it down.. We carried on around a waterlogged field of stubble and the old Vitara coped admirably on the road tyres fitted. Managed to shoot a few bunnies with the hmr too.

Decided to leave that shoot and try one nearer home. It was now really pouring it down and i normally wouldnt have even bothered setting out in such condtions but as i had a 'newbie' to lamping with me i wanted to try and get a few bunnies for him...

Most of the shoot we finished on is mainly stubble fields and i managed to get stuck on one. I thought this is just great! i spent around 15-20 mins trying to get off the field and managed to eventually get off.. My only other option would have been to knock the landowner up to tow me off with his tractor ( it was after 12pm so he might not have been too happy).

Im pidgeoning on the same fields this afternoon so im going to be a extra carefull :D

Mick

Ive had a nightmare too :o

Yesterday went to a field that i've not shot for a couple of weeks. Had a brilliant day there last time :D

The only access to the field was under a railway bridge. Unfortunately, due to the thaw and rain there was about 2 1/2 foot of water underneath the bridge. Checked the height of the trucks exhaust and thought better not risk it. :no:

Drove 20 miles to some more farms I shoot over.

First 2 farms nothing about. :o

At the 3rd there were a few flitting about, so set up. Had a few shots but then they all cleared off :o

As I sat there I could see pigeon flying onto a rape field in the distance. 100's were flighting in from all directions. Realised it was one of the farms I shoot over :)

Packed up and headed there. Gates had new paddlocks fitted, I had no keys :yes:

Then found out the farmer has gone to Florida for 3 weeks :lol: :o