Browning A5 old style

brian1975

Hi guys like the title says av got the chance of one in good condition for £175 and was wondering what the thoughts are on it and price wise am picking it up on saturday to have a try of it and see if i get on with it so thank you's in advance for any advice

Classic gun, don't expect the same soft shooting properties of modern gas operated autos. I have one which my father in law bought second hand in 1959, have shot thousands of pigeons with it - full choke. You don't have to be precious with them, they will stand a lot of abuse.

Price sounds OK for one in really good condition.

Classic gun, don't expect the same soft shooting properties of modern gas operated autos. I have one which my father in law bought second hand in 1959, have shot thousands of pigeons with it - full choke. You don't have to be precious with them, they will stand a lot of abuse.

Price sounds OK for one in really good condition.

K thanks for your reply I got talking to a lad where i work about it and he says av got 1 of them for sale £100 and he's gan to let me take it away next week to have a look and go of it

If ya dont get both then drop me a pm. Always make space for another A5...

K no botha al mention it to the lad when i have a look at the t'other one and al see what condition its in well i got the one for £175 to look at and took it up for my gamekeeper mate to have a look at it this evening, as things happened i did'nt get a chance to try it out on the clays but he says it looks like its had very little use or its been someones pride and joy coz it looked alot better than he thought it would. We did manage to put a few shots through it to check it was cycling the carts and it did as fast as i could pull the trigger that was with 28gram and 32grams loads we patterned it aswell and out to 30yrds with 32grm 6's it seemed a nice pattern well thats what ma marra said and he's been shooting for years and years