First outing for a while. It wasn't good.

Chally2

I went out on to my new permission this afternoon. Mainly for a walk with the gun to get an idea of what the birds were up to. I sat/stood under some tress as there were lots flying around, so no net or decoys just me :ninja: . I had a lot of good opportunities but I didn't hit a bloody thing. I haven't picked up the gun for about two years and I used to be a cracking shot but now it's all gone tits.

I know I am to blame and lack of practice but I did see feathers come off a few. My carts are about 5 years old. Would that make a difference, ie loosing power. The gun still had plenty of kick.

Any ideas or should I should man up and get more practice in, clay etc. Has this happened to anyone else.

Fancied some pigeon breast tonight as well. :sad1:

Hi Chally2. Sorry to hear that you went without you pigeon breast dinner. If I were you I’d get back out there as soon as you can and get some practise at short range, over decoys. Remember gun up to your cheek, both eyes open, look at the birds beak and fire. I am not crack shot myself but this is what works best for me. If you have been a good shot in the past then I’m sure it will all come back to you.

I went out on to my new permission this afternoon. Mainly for a walk with the gun to get an idea of what the birds were up to. I sat/stood under some tress as there were lots flying around, so no net or decoys just me :ninja: . I had a lot of good opportunities but I didn't hit a bloody thing. I haven't picked up the gun for about two years and I used to be a cracking shot but now it's all gone tits.

I know I am to blame and lack of practice but I did see feathers come off a few. My carts are about 5 years old. Would that make a difference, ie loosing power. The gun still had plenty of kick.

Any ideas or should I should man up and get more practice in, clay etc. Has this happened to anyone else.

Fancied some pigeon breast tonight as well. :sad1:

Your cartridges will be fine , I used a 1000 that were 30 years old the other year and they still did the job.

Have you put on or lost weight since you last shot as that can alter gun fit equally has your eyesight changed as you dominant eye may have changed.

Your cartridges will be fine , I used a 1000 that were 30 years old the other year and they still did the job.

Have you put on or lost weight since you last shot as that can alter gun fit equally has your eyesight changed as you dominant eye may have changed.

Yes I've lost about 2 stone and I started testing my eyes as soon as I got back in. Still right eye dom. but left eye is way out to what it used to be. I guess I just have to start from scratch again. Thanks for all the comments.