South Northamptonshire (Towcester)

Seamus

After a lot of thought I'm looking for someone who would be interested in shooting rabbits (well vermin generally) on my paddock. I live about 5 minutes away from Towcester and would like someone local if possible.

The land is about 5-6 acres and is in effect my back garden, so there's a large amount of trust on my part involved here as I hope you'll appreciate. With that in mind:

Only a .22LR with a moderator (the land is cleared to .223), please no air rifles (unless you have an FAC)

Must have insurance

You're not going to get massive bags but certainly enough for the pot

You're welcome to use my "pop up" hide and move it about as you see fit

Ideally I'm looking for an honest, genuine enthusiast looking for somewhere to bag a few rabbits on an evening!

PM me if interested.

I'm interested to find out why you say no air rifles. I successfully cleared 20 acres of paddock near the A5 South of Milton Keynes with a sub 12 over 12 months. I shot dawn, dusk and lamped at night.

The horses and owners were perfectly happy with an air rifle among them, but I'm no so sure they'd be as calm with a rim fire around.

All sorted now, thanks to those that responded.

As regards the air rifle question, I said "please no air rifles (unless you have an FAC)". This is simply because to have an FAC you've been through the usual police checks which gives me some peace of mind when allowing, in effect a complete stranger, onto my property with a firearm. If an air rifle was your preferred choice then I have zero issue with that, sub 12 or otherwise.

• 1 month later...