Worcestershire Gun Club, Halesowen

chrismpullbang

Just wondering if anyone else shoots there and what they think of it

hi is that the shoot down the side of the black horse?? :lol:

yep, thats the one

ye shot it before i started rough shooting it can be a nightmare when john has 1 on him :lol: but its ok good value for money not the best place to go on your jack jones purely because eveybody knows each other :lol: and some are very very good :blink: and when you are just starting up it can be a bit demorlising :blink: when they make you look silly :P but thats my opinion but i have been there since and would go again because there are some that will help/guide if you are struggling like i was and still do on some birds

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s @ 1 mile from my house and I can hear them most Sunday mornings.

If you go on a wet day the track down to the shoot can be a bit daunting as it’s nothing more than a farm track (at least it was the last time I went).

Friendly bunch of lads and a few of them drink at the club where I shoot smallbore rifle.

G.M.

• 2 weeks later...

I started shooting in Jan this year and decided to go to WGC. The main asset is Maggie who runs the tea room/club house [ I'll have the free tea this weekend please!].

The club is friendly but the track (it just about qualifies as a track) to the ground is pretty poor. If you have a landrover or similar it ain;t an issue. It's passable in a normal car if you drive slow, eg 5 mph.

I've shot there half a dozen times and the layout has changed every single time in terms of bird presentation. Current cost for 100 birds non members is £23,50.

I found that if you ask in the 'clubhouse' to be squadded then they will oblige.

It's always been busy there. The stands are a little close together and it can get a bit confusing as to which is the bird to be shooting at.

I started shooting in Jan this year and decided to go to WGC. The main asset is Maggie who runs the tea room/club house [ I'll have the free tea this weekend please!].

The club is friendly but the track (it just about qualifies as a track) to the ground is pretty poor. If you have a landrover or similar it ain;t an issue. It's passable in a normal car if you drive slow, eg 5 mph.

I've shot there half a dozen times and the layout has changed every single time in terms of bird presentation. Current cost for 100 birds non members is £23,50.

I found that if you ask in the 'clubhouse' to be squadded then they will oblige.

It's always been busy there. The stands are a little close together and it can get a bit confusing as to which is the bird to be shooting at.

Thanks for the warning about the track. Think I'll go on a nice dry day or I'll end up stuck.

It's only down the road from me so I'm hoping to go down there soon.

the trsck's not too bad, even in the wet, it's just a bit bumpy as its mostly old concrete. I've seen an XJ dow nthere in the rain which had no problem at all getting in and out lol! :angry: