New Permission

Remimax

Gained another 500acres the other week which has a small shoot on it,

Asked the Farmer to contact the syndicate to make sure they were happy with us shooting the vermin on it .

we have a lot of land allready so didn't want any drama's.

Found out they had lost 60 odd birds when a ginger got into one half of the pen so were happy for us to get stuck in.

Walked the boundrys with the owner then turned up last friday around 7pm for a pop.

thought we start at the pen which still had a few birds coming and going in it when we looked at it the previous week.

couple of blows on the best fox call SS and up popped a customer 200 yards out on the Lamp .

Refusing to move despite trying all sorts i dropped the howa on me quad sticks and squeezed off one of me home loaded 55gr V Max 22-250,s.

The shot sounded good and we walked over to pick up a large vixen.

As we walked round the permission the rest of the foxes we saw were very lamp shy with nothing stopping still long enough to mount the gun.

Partner mentions its 2am and we have to work the following day so we head back to van.

As we come over a brow he spots a fox sat in the valley bellow at around 180yards.

quick mount and its down a smaller dog fox again not far from the pen.

camera decides to die so no pic of the second ginger.

lots to go at on this permission might have to get into NV if we get a poor night on the next visit

time and date on camera has never been set so a bit out on pic !

post-67058-0-51362500-1414677192_thumb.jpg

Edited by Remimax

Glad to see the walking paid off, quad sticks are a very stable platform to shoot from.

I help out a guy who only drives and shoots from his 4trak, he is know stuffed as the farm manager called him about driving the tracks....

After I shot a second fox of the night off my sticks he said " I am going to make myself a set "

Keep up the good work...

TEH

Sounds like you are cleaning up after someone else, good luck! Good shots by the way.

U.

yes i'm sure the syndicate will of been having a go at keeping the numbers down .

still plenty of em left though.

off to another new one tonight blokes lost all his chickens on a 10acre small holding only has the ducks left ,must be fussy eaters lol

should be a good un and a bonus of fresh brew to be had.

Edited by Remimax

Glad to see the walking paid off, quad sticks are a very stable platform to shoot from.

I help out a guy who only drives and shoots from his 4trak, he is know stuffed as the farm manager called him about driving the tracks....

After I shot a second fox of the night off my sticks he said " I am going to make myself a set "

Keep up the good work...

TEH

yes i'm a big fan of the quad sticks ,diy, cheap as chips .