Savage 93R17hmr

Scotty carptart

Phone savage direct give them a sob story about running over it ask to buy direct and pay with credit card mine came in less than a week.But be prepared for the bill from ups about 3 weeks later for shipping and import duty around £35 don't bin it as they will put you in court

Savage factory is in a funny time zone I had to phone about 6 pm I think

Very nice people to deal with

I did this the other way round I got the standard black laminate stock rifle and upgraded for the thumb hole stock direct from savage ,you also need a trigger guard and 2 pins ( screws to us )

Deershooter

Edited by deershooter

They are easy to swap. There are 2 action screws on the bottom of the stock. Once you pull those, the whole barrel action (with trigger group) comes out as once piece. Reverse for install. The only thing you'll need to check is that your bottom metal is the same as the synthetic is inlet for. I don't see any reason why Savage would have switched (makes sense to keep the same for cost reasons too) but it bears checking before you buy a synthetic stock.

thanks,

rick