Specsavers custom hearing protection

Malik

Mainly interested in the custom fit

Kyska - how did you get on with them? I just had a look at CENS now. I don't really like digital. I prefer to just be completely silent so i can concentrate.

Mine aren't digital, they are the passive model, and superb. You can hear conversation but pulling the trigger there is nothing but a dull thud.

I must say, I'm an advocate of not putting anything in your ear smaller than your elbow, some gunshops do the fitting, with minimally trained staff, my specsavers ones were fitted by an audiologist, using the same technique to fit hearing aids, once in I can't tell they are there.

These use the same passive device as the cens passive ones (so the company tech guy told me + and they deal with CENS and sell their products also ....... and at £85 seem a good value product. http://www.universaldb.co.uk/pdfs/Universal_NoiseBarrier.pdf

The key seems to be getting a good mould and that needs a skilled person (audiologist) to do it but then they need to be despatched to the company for the final plug moulding straight away as they can shrink in just a week or so depending on the weather.