SKB 200E

24joy

Hi all. Very new to the shot gun world. Just feel it's time to branch out. I have some shoots for airgun, and am just waiting for my cert to come through the post.

Not being to sure of values and such, but I've been offered a SKB 200E 12g 2 3/4 28inch sbs. plus a little money for a s410 .22 with a good scope and all the brass bits bolt trigger and guard.

Now the shotty has a fare few scratches on the wood work, blueing is good, and well within proof, no pitting and is tight. Am i doing the right thing. In the U.S. they seem to have a good value, Jap gun made for the U.S. it would seem. Any info on U.K. value would help. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I have no idea as to what the SKB might be worth, apart from looking on another website which gun traders might use. Everything will depend upon condition.

Unless you especially want a sbs you should really be thinking of an OU in my humble opinion. I say this because they seem easier to sell on and more popular. Broadly speaking you'll get a better return on an OU if you buy used and want to change it. You could find yourself stuck with the sbs unless you chuck it on at say, no more than £200. I think your S410 might be worth more than this..

I have a semi and a sbs only these days, out of choice, but am glad I started out with the OU.

It does depend a lot upon what you are going to do with the gun. A good all-rounder OU which you could get for a similar value to your S410 would be a Lanber sporter multichoke, nearly new.

If you're not planning on shooting clays and want something you can carry easily, by all means look at a sbs. There are a lot of non-english sbs on the market for not a lot of money..

Sorry I have no idea as to what the SKB might be worth, apart from looking on another website which gun traders might use. Everything will depend upon condition.

Unless you especially want a sbs you should really be thinking of an OU in my humble opinion. I say this because they seem easier to sell on and more popular. Broadly speaking you'll get a better return on an OU if you buy used and want to change it. You could find yourself stuck with the sbs unless you chuck it on at say, no more than £200. I think your S410 might be worth more than this..

I have a semi and a sbs only these days, out of choice, but am glad I started out with the OU.

It does depend a lot upon what you are going to do with the gun. A good all-rounder OU which you could get for a similar value to your S410 would be a Lanber sporter multichoke, nearly new.

If you're not planning on shooting clays and want something you can carry easily, by all means look at a sbs. There are a lot of non-english sbs on the market for not a lot of money..

Thanks for that reply arjimlad. Will go ahead I think with the deal, as they have now offered more money belt and safe. Will tell the boss (she that must be in charge) that you have to have two, and get a o/u as well. :D 1x clay 1x field,

Good for you, an excellent plan, and best of luck with the financial controller. I have one of those as well !

The bottom line is that if you are getting cabinet belt et al, plus some cash, and you like the feel of the gun and it fits you well enough then you should not be disappointed. I wonder whether you could possibly pop off and try some clays with the gun to check that it works OK and to check the fit ?

Good for you, an excellent plan, and best of luck with the financial controller. I have one of those as well !

The bottom line is that if you are getting cabinet belt et al, plus some cash, and you like the feel of the gun and it fits you well enough then you should not be disappointed. I wonder whether you could possibly pop off and try some clays with the gun to check that it works OK and to check the fit ?

Cannot try really, as I have now shaken on the deal, but should be trying as my gun at local club in about three weeks, all being well. Thanks again for your help.