William Parson (Swaffham) Oak Double Gun Case

archi

I have a solid oak double gun case that is suitable for a pair of guns with 30" barrels

Lock works and is very well made as per picture attached with brass handle & fittings

Please can I get some advise on a valuation should I sell this and also maybe the best venue to sell it as I have no idea of what it is worth.

It has a trade label in it as William Parson (gun & rifle manufacturer of Swaffham)

I look forward to your comments

Regards

Mark

post-36041-0-77886400-1424357471_thumb.jpg

That's an old case that I would assume was originally fitted out for percussion guns .William Parson Market Place Swaffham 1836 /1865 . Originality makes a big difference to the price and yours has obviously been refitted so any "originality " has been destroyed the label being the only remaining part of the original interior .

There a lot of cases around and the label is not exactly well known so it will be worth more in Swaffham [Nice town but I got ripped off in a Chinese restaurant a few years ago . Might be worth contacting Woods Of Swaffham as they may have local collectors of Parson memorabilia . Sorry to say but I do not think as it stands it will have any real value .