A few birds roost shooting.

anser2

After a small success on a cut maze strip the monday I spent a couple of days driving around my ground in N Norfolk checking 20 odd rape fields without finding any strong feeds worth setting up for , just the odd hand full of pigeons on a few fields. I am hoping that when drilling gets underway I will start getting a few birds.

Over the past month I have been roost shooting with a total bag of 3, but today when the official roost shooting has finished on the surrounding estates and farms had a dozen nice fat woodies out of a small wood. Not a lot of birds about ( saw about 35 ) but they came nicely and for once I was shooting quite straight. Out of interest one bird had an emply crop, two had rape , 3 had barley ( scrounged from some pheasant feeders nodoubt ) and 6 were full of maze. No flocks , most birds were singles and a few pairs. At least its been good to get a few pigeons this week. Better than the same time last year.

Edited by anser2