Rabbit ferreting - Kidderminster area

Right chaps,

I've got some rabbits that need to be gone asap and they aren't responding quick enough to just me solo lamping.

I'll be blunt; this isn't me handing over a permanent permission and it isn't suitable for a novice shooter. It is a chance for someone who wants to work their ferrets to get out somewhere different. I would also be open to invite shooting on my other permissions with me further down the line.

The land is accessible only on foot. There's no mixy and you're welcome to keep the rabbits as long as I get a couple for the pot.

If all that sounds reasonable, feel free to get in touch. :)

Cheers!

Sterling.

Right chaps,

I've got some rabbits that need to be gone asap and they aren't responding quick enough to just me solo lamping.

I'll be blunt; this isn't me handing over a permanent permission and it isn't suitable for a novice shooter. It is a chance for someone who wants to work their ferrets to get out somewhere different. I would also be open to invite shooting on my other permissions with me further down the line.

The land is accessible only on foot. There's no mixy and you're welcome to keep the rabbits as long as I get a couple for the pot.

If all that sounds reasonable, feel free to get in touch. :)

Cheers!

Sterling.

Nice offer chap waiting for one like this my way good luck though.

Nick.😄

It's wrong time of year to be ferreting it more trouble than it's worth with young rabbits about and does in kindel they won't bolt you better of shooting them

Ahh, thanks for the info. I've never had anything to do with ferrets, so that's news to me. I do recall being told not to use ferrets in a month that doesn't have an "r" in it (start of May to end of August) but wasn't aware it was too late in the year already.

Well sod it, I'll just keep shooting them instead. As you were chaps.... ;)

You may get some professional pest controllers out at this time of year ferreting, and while it's not ideal it can still be effective if collars and locators are used to locate those Does reluctant to bolt as they have young.

There's an old boy over on the West Coast who will ferret anytime of year if asked (paid of course) and the weather isn't too hot for his ferrets.

I was out at the weekend with my ferrets and gun simply because I was asked. I didn't do too bad considering the time of year, and had enough rabbits to keep the landowner satisfied, but knew I would have had quite a few more if the time was right or many more if I could be bothered to dig.