Unusual questions before applying for SGC/FAC

Zenduri

Guest Wilksy

Haha when mine came we talked about football and going out! We did the interview and he checked my cabinet and it went really well, nice bloke, he told me one story that left a mark on me,about a farmer that left his keys on the kitchen table, and unbeknown to him and his wife, his son was being bullied, took the keys and you can guess the rest, he got really serious at that point and said never let anyone get access to your keys! This was this January just gone.

My intention is to look for a permission to shoot on between now and applying but would i stand any chance at getting a FAC for an air rifle based on club/target use if i cant find a perm in time? The Club is OK with FAC Air and the range is cleared for everything up to .50.

I would be perfectly fine with only using it at the club to start with, i can always look for a permission and get it cleared the the FLO. My question is though can i get a a FAC for FAC Air JUST on the basis of shooting at the clubs range to start with the intent to find a permission or will I 100% need a permission to get a FAC for an airgun

I would be perfectly fine with only using it at the club to start with, i can always look for a permission and get it cleared the the FLO. My question is though can i get a a FAC for FAC Air JUST on the basis of shooting at the clubs range to start with the intent to find a permission or will I 100% need a permission to get a FAC for an airgun

I put down for FAC air on the basis of getting a permission in the future,it was denied for club use on the basis that ,at 25 yds what can you do with an FAC rifle that you cant do with a sub 12 ft lb one?

He just said when you get a permission then we shall add it on.

I think it unlikely you will get one on the basis of club use in Nottingham.

I put down for FAC air on the basis of getting a permission in the future,it was denied for club use on the basis that ,at 25 yds what can you do with an FAC rifle that you cant do with a sub 12 ft lb one?

He just said when you get a permission then we shall add it on.

I think it unlikely you will get one on the basis of club use in Nottingham.

Cheers for the reply Rewulf, The range is up to 120 yards to the backstop but i can see the reasoning in their response i guess. I can go for my SGC but i would have liked to have grabbed both if possible at the same time.

I'm going to look to get an introduction to one of the firearms clubs that shoot the range at some point but as facilities are quite low there i think getting 3-6 months probation cleared would be problematic as in all honesty I'm not even sure if they have club guns for people like myself who want to join and work towards a FAC, to use. I get the impression the firearms club there is very much closed to those already with a FAC and therefore their own equipment.