Clearance of bolt handle to scope

30-6

When I recently picked up the new rimmy (CZ 452), I also purchased scope mounts at the same time. When I got home I realized that the mounts were for "up to 45mm lens", my scope being 50mm lens (which I had already bought from another shop at a good price), I tried them together and the scope has about 5mm clearance to the barrel and about 5mm clearence when the bolt handle comes back past the scope.

So although everything works, do you reckon this clearance is too small between the handle and scope, and I should get higher mounts first as last, or leave it with probably not the best of grips on the handle. Will higher mounts give that much more clearance?

In hindsight I should have stated my scope size, and the shop should have asked.

If you can cycle the bolt OK without banging your knuckles I would leave it where it is.

It would depend on what mounts you have as to how high the next ones up would be, I have (I think) medium height sportsmatch mounts and a 50mm scope.

If you go too high the bolt will clear nicley but you may find your eye doesn't align with scope when your head is against the stock.