induction hobs and regulations

activeviii

Just sorting out a new induction hob and was told the there is a regulation on how close the side wall cabinets can be to hob.

Hod is 600 induction and we were putting a 600 telescopic exstactor above. But, they told us we have to have a 800 wall unit as regs state 100mm either side.

I'm lost with it and can't find the correct information needed.

Anyone know the truth on the regs please. Don't need someone to say they theirs is 600 over a 600 hob as that isn't what I'm asking.

Any help out there please?

I fitted a new kitchen recently but I can't remember where the numbers came from sorry, I'm fairly sure it was the guys who fitted the work surface. The 100mm is if you have tall cupboards near to the hob, I was told it had to be a minimum of 150mm though. The important one is that there should be 650mm clearance above the hob. I'll search for where I got the info from.

I have recently fitted canopy type extractor if that is what you are going to use.

The fitting instruction only indicate minimum distance above hob to extractor of 550mm ( Induction) or 650mm (Gas) we chose to have the wider cupboard space not a requirement of the fitting instructions post-11078-0-74126300-1432644866_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys. Spoke to a good fitter on here this morning and he put me right so I have now put the supplier right and told them what I want and not what they want.

Just need a good waste disposal unit at the right price and a couple of next eletricals.

All to keep the peace.