Weirauch HW97K with Scope

Andra

Looking for some advice folks.

Having not used an airgun for many years I am going to buy a Weirauch HW97K blackline..... The supplier has a 22 in synth stock and a woodenstock 177 so he is going to swap over stocks, assuming that presents no problems?

I am opting for a Hawke sport HD IR scope and wondered what folks would go for in magnification?? I do know a bit about binoculars and realise it is not always about power.

Choices below

2-7x32AO

3-9x40AO

3-9x50AO

4-12x50AO

Intending to use for rabbits and a bit of corvid work where the shotgun is not ideal.

Thanks...

Edited by Andra

Thanks Duck.... I dont mind the weight to be honest.

I am not sure I need the 12 x as normally with binoculars a bit of handshake would be noticed compared to say an 8 x. I'll be moile with the gun and not looking to have it steadied on a bi-pod etc.

The 50 lens will allow more light in but between a 40 and a 50 not sure if it would make a huge difference.

Meant to ask is yours a 177? I ended up tying myself in knots reading all of the various views on the internet and ended up swaying for 177

I have a Hw97kt synthetic, with a Hawke 3-9x50AO. Cracking rifle, although heavy as hell.

Hi folks,

I just bought a HW77k with 1/2UNF thread, suppressor and 4x32 scope in .177. The .22 costs you about 10-15 m/s in speed and you're having a worse trajectory. The .177 is way flatter. Mine delivers below 5cm groups on 50 yards with the RWS superpoint.

If you are looking for a descent hunting springer, you may want to consider having a look at the .177 version with a stiffer spring and heavier pellets.

The .177 will deliver the same energy downrange with a flatter trajectory with magnums.

If you only want to use it scoped you could also use the HW97 which is the HW77 w/o open sight.

And it just looks good...

post-11579-0-14706800-1434107864_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Claus

A Guy once told me.

3-9 for Air Rifle

4-12 for high power pcp & .22lr

4-16 for .17hmr & .22 hornet

6-20 for .222 or .223

6-24 for .308 or .30-06

I kinda like this rule but it just depends how much zoom you like really and what ranges you will be using it at.

Also some people like fixed power scopes. Personal Preference really.

Based on the gun my choice would be a Hawke Sport 3-9x50 AO and IR!

Edited by Marksman1997