Deben lithium battery problem

Lloyd90

Anyone had any trouble with their Lithium ion batteries ?

Mine's fully charged but kept having problems last night with it suddenly losing power.

After testing my lamp on a mates battery etc I'm pretty sure its the battery playing up. I'll try n explain what happened.

There is the battery (part 1), then the plug that connect the battery to a cigarette charger style connector(part 2), which the lamp (Part 3) plugs into.

Now when it was playing up, I was holding down the button that shows how much power is in the battery (part1) and it had all 5 lights (fully charger) , then as soon as I plugged the connector in (part2) without even having the lamp connected up, the battery wouldn't shows up any power bars (as if it was totally drained).

Whilst out I thought perhaps the wiring in the lamp was going but after having a swap about of lamp, battery etc I'm pretty sure this is the problem, anyone had similar and got any ideas how to fix it ? Will replacing that connector sort it even ?

Thanks for any help lads

Just checked mine and all is well with the connector plugged in. Changing the connector has to be the first step. Don't think this is your problem, but these are like the old NiFe batteries. They don't 'fade out' but 'cut out' so when the battery starts to indicate a low charge, they can cut out without warning.

Our's done this the other week... We spoke to Deben and sent it back, but unfortually as not under warranty had to buy a new one (at a discounted price from them) as the old was knackered they said!!

Might be worth you having a chat with them mate!!

Was it the connector that plugs the lamp into the battery ?

How much was that pal ?

Our's done this the other week... We spoke to Deben and sent it back, but unfortually as not under warranty had to buy a new one (at a discounted price from them) as the old was knackered they said!!

Might be worth you having a chat with them mate!!

How much was that pal ?

How much was that pal ?

We didn't repair the old one as it was apparently knackered!! Got a very good deal on the same battery by them though!!

You'd be better off giving Deben a call!!

Edited by Simon123