Silver Pigeon 3

big bad lindz

Hi Guys ,

I have an opportunity to purchase either a 12 or 20 bore Silver Pigeon 3. Each for around £1200. I am waiting for some photos as I am offshore at the moment and haven't actually seen the guns. They are around 8 years old.

Can anyone tell me any information about these. I have been looking at the various web sites and they get a reasonable write up but I am a little confused as a couple of sites have mentioned that the SP III is a limited issue but I do not know if the SP3 and the SP III are in fact the same. The current owner is repatriating back to the USA soon and is not wanting to take them.

I have been looking, although not very seriously, at a lighter game gun so I thought that these might fit the bill.

Cheers,

BBL

I have a Silver Pigeon 3 sporter. It is essentially the same as the earlier Sp models differing only in nicer engraving and oil finished wood. Beretta have released 500 of these as limited editions, but it's just cosmetics that make them different. Silver pigeon 3 and III are the same gun. Mine is 30 inch barrel. Never had any problem with mine, get one if you can

Hi Guys ,

I have an opportunity to purchase either a 12 or 20 bore Silver Pigeon 3. Each for around £1200. I am waiting for some photos as I am offshore at the moment and haven't actually seen the guns. They are around 8 years old.

Can anyone tell me any information about these. I have been looking at the various web sites and they get a reasonable write up but I am a little confused as a couple of sites have mentioned that the SP III is a limited issue but I do not know if the SP3 and the SP III are in fact the same. The current owner is repatriating back to the USA soon and is not wanting to take them.

I have been looking, although not very seriously, at a lighter game gun so I thought that these might fit the bill.

Cheers,

BBL

He doesn't work for Apache does he ?

I have a SP3 30" Sporter and its an excellent gun, I don't shoot it my son does and he's never had a problem with it and the wood is normally very good looking.

I don't know how light a gun you want for game, The one I have is 7lb 12oz and 28" range from 7lb 4oz to 7.8oz. I don't shoot clays only game and my Browning is 7lb 12oz

and its not a problem carrying it around all day and I'm 62. I personally would go for the 12bore and start at a thousand. As for the 20bore I've always said!

" What ever a 20 bore can do a 12 bore can do better!

I work for Apache offshore that's where I am just now. I have never met him but some of the guys I'm working with know him and its all good. The Dark Storm cartridges might be worth buying as well. I have my own driven pheasant shoot and I shoot nothing but game, pigeons and a lot of inland Canada's. I shoot the game with my O/U and the rest with semi-autos. It depends how much shooting in a day you will do with a light gun. Too light and you get into the recoil v cartridge combination and when you drop down to a lighter cartridge then you start loosing the pattern over a certain distance. I use a 32g No 6 cartridge for game shooting and pigeons or crows. Eley VIP is my first choice followed by Black Gold. The SP 3 28" Barrels 7lb 4/6oz will be perfect as it wont feel heavy at all and you can walk around all day rough shooting and it will fire heavier cartridges as well so it would be a very good choice for game shooting.

They also hold their price very well, mechanically sound and after sales is excellent it would be a worthwhile choice.