TY'S PROGRESS

popa bear

Just to keep up to date on my 8 month old ESS pups progress had his first trip to the seaside over the last few days he absolutely loved it.Up to this point he has not gone into any water apart from getting his feet wet! anyway the sea was well out so he had a real good run round with my other dogs and along the end of the beach a fresh water stream runs into the sea.Result a springer was already retrieving a stick from the stream and Ty looked interested.Chucked a stick in for Ty and bingo straight in no pushing or anything I'm glad I didn't push him before and just let him do it himself.Anyway at about 9.15pm when the tide was on its way out we took the dogs for a bedtime walk.Just out in the sea sticking out of the sea was a big wooden post Ty caught sight of it and bosh straight in one soaking wet dog at 9.30 at night lovely.So we had to take him up to the freshwater stream to wash the salt water off and on the way he cocked his leg for the first time hooray. He is doing very well with his quartering and I have just started dummy retrieving at a distance and we are up to two dummies now.One thing I am wondering about is he all ways has a dry nose should I be concerned ? :good::yahoo::lol: