LOP

Glenlivet

Hi guys. I'm new on here so please be gentle!

I bought an as new CG Maxum sporter 32'' at the weekend from Premier Guns at Doveridge. Originally bought a Beretta 692 but took it back as it had some ejector issues. Just setting the gun up, I can get the length of pull about right at 15'' but only by adjusting the trigger as the gun has a meaty recoil pad. I would prefer to slightly shorten the stock. My question is, is there a difference in fit between adjusting the trigger or adjusting the stock? Or is LOP the same whichever way it's achieved? I sent a message to Anglo Italian via their website yesterday re warranty and some other stuff but yet to receive a reply. Hope their customer service is as good as everyone reports.

short answer is no, LOP is from front of trigger blade to centre of rear butt pad so an adjustment either side will alter LOP.

if adjusting the trigger, you need to make sure your trigger finger (top pad bit) sits with blade in centre while hand is on the gun. you don't want it in the top joint of finger or too near the tip.

it may be easer to get a less thicker butt pad put on and ground down to shape the stock

Hi guys. I'm new on here so please be gentle!

I bought an as new CG Maxum sporter 32'' at the weekend from Premier Guns at Doveridge. Originally bought a Beretta 692 but took it back as it had some ejector issues. Just setting the gun up, I can get the length of pull about right at 15'' but only by adjusting the trigger as the gun has a meaty recoil pad. I would prefer to slightly shorten the stock. My question is, is there a difference in fit between adjusting the trigger or adjusting the stock? Or is LOP the same whichever way it's achieved? I sent a message to Anglo Italian via their website yesterday re warranty and some other stuff but yet to receive a reply. Hope their customer service is as good as everyone reports.

I'll be interested to see if you get a reply from Anglo Italian.

I have contacted them three times via website regarding Fabarm parts and only ever received automated acknowledgements.

My local gunsmith has also expressed concern about their service knowledge.