Deer shooting Devon

Further to my last post, filling out the paperwork to book DSC1. It asks for my membership details of the BDS. Am I now to believe that on top of £300 for a 3 day course, nearly £100 for the pre course study materials, I am now expected to cough up another £50 or so to join the deer society to qualify to do any of this?!

It's taken a while to get this far, I'm starting to wonder if it's bloody worth it and how the hell has anyone ever gotten through all this red tape and expense.

I am afraid you will have to keep jumping through as many hoops as they require the same as we do.

The difficulty can be in working out how they apply the Home Office Guidance?

As dunkield said level one will not help with the practicalities of the gralloch.

Not being negative in any way but make sure your rifle and ammunition are conditioned for the shooting of fox and deer?

Was shooting them with .243 under mentor. Recently got a .308 and had mentor removed, asked for deer, fox etc was told no problem sent in licence all is good

Edited by Ruster