DVLA

Stimo22

Have just rung DVLA again as not received V5 after over 6 weeks since buying replacement shooting vehicle and they say they have just done it and should get soon. So will be 7 weeks to get it , but they were quick enough to want £280 to tax it. They should be made to improve for the tax we pay

My lad bought a new car recently taxed it for 12 months. A couple of months later we looked online to see when his MOT is due only to see the car was SORN. I rang the DVLA to ask why this is the case and how can be of been driving without any tax (and I presume insurance) to be told I called the following day afer taxing to SORN the car and a full refund was issued. Turned out they sent a full refund (£280) to the previous owner who only had a month left to run. Had to tax it again and then wait 4 weeks for a refund.

They are shocking sometimes and then other times I have had a new log book back with 5 days.