hushpower .410

barraboy

Hi.I have a Hushpower 12g Pedretti which am told is no louder than a .410.I think they are louder than springer when you are holding the gun but it does not carry a fraction of the distance.About 200m as opposed to 1500m for an un silenced.The Saddlery and gunroom website has a table of the decibels.It is part of an advert bear in mind but i am pleased with my 12g one.believe the .410 no quieter than mine. guy at S & G says their 20g is quietest as the mod is same as 12 so proportionally more mod. for calibre.As above it depends on surroundings and wind.Subs make major difference..cheers

I have a webley b/a .410 which I had fitted with a hushpower silencer. As has been mentioned before, wind and especially surroundings play a big part in how noisy it is. In any surrounding which are prone to echoing, there is still quite a thud, but having said that I dont use subs with it. It is hard to say whether it is quieter or louder than a spring gun, I would say that it has no more intrusive an effect on quarry or nearby people.

I honestly wouldnt part with it, unless it was for a moderated mossberg 500 :yes:

ZB