Opinions on MTC Viper connect

kiffy

Evening all, I'm looking at getting a new rifle and am thinking of a smaller scope, save some weight and size compared to my MTC Viper 4-16x50 and ATN X-sight and really like the look of the 3-12x32 Viper Connect, not that light I know but it's small and I like the field of view it offers but I have some concerns and thought I'd ask you guys as I'm sure some of you have used them.

First ones how close to the eye it sits as I'm blind as a bat and wear glasses while shooting, second one is what's it like in low light conditions... I'm not expecting as good as my 50mm scope as its a 32mm but will likely use it lamping.. lastly do you rate them compared to regular style scopes

• 2 weeks later...

no one own or use one?

They are popular with the air rifle HFT boys and are only suitable for recoilless rifles due to the very short eye relief.

I have had a quick look through one mounted to someone else's rifle as I am considering one and eye relief on them can be tricky if you wear glasses (i do), and I could get a good comfortable focus on the reticle.

I already have one "normal" viper fitted to one of my air rifles and really like it for the money, the MTC scopes seem to suit my eyes better than the hawk's I've looked through.

I'm impressed enough to seriously consider buying one when funds allow and one comes up for the right money. It may be some time though as I really fancy a 725 protrap, and those aren't cheap.

Try looking on airgunbbs for real world user experiences, as a few guys on their own them.

Evening all, I'm looking at getting a new rifle and am thinking of a smaller scope, save some weight and size compared to my MTC Viper 4-16x50 and ATN X-sight and really like the look of the 3-12x32 Viper Connect, not that light I know but it's small and I like the field of view it offers but I have some concerns and thought I'd ask you guys as I'm sure some of you have used them.

First ones how close to the eye it sits as I'm blind as a bat and wear glasses while shooting, second one is what's it like in low light conditions... I'm not expecting as good as my 50mm scope as its a 32mm but will likely use it lamping.. lastly do you rate them compared to regular style scopes

as for I'm not expecting as good as my 50mm scope as its a 32mm got to say works just as good as most 50mm ones i have tried

as for your eyes that's all i can say you will have to try one.

every ones eyes are different

I love mine use 3 of them and one on a rimmy and all work really good

only one down side and have been saying it for years is the rets are a lot finer than normal rets

I had a viper connect for a short while, can't say I liked it. It does have a very short eye relief so may be good for you in the regard. I personally didn't like the lack of space for scope rings meaning it got mounted where I could fit the rings and didn't seem that solid to me. That said, it held zero and did the job with a nite site attached to it, so it was probably more aesthetics than anything else.

It worked very well with the Nite Site, but I don't know about low light work. Take my cosmetic dislike away from it and it may well be exactly what you're looking for.

If you can find someone to have a quick squint through mate do that. They are a bit marmite which is why you see a lot up for sale I think as people buy them and then dont get one with them and move them on. One thing I found with mine was it had a wide field of view but the magnification didnt seem to tally with my other scopes i.e. on 10x mag targets seemed to be a lot smaller in the view causing me some range estimation issues.

I wear glasses for shooting and to be honest didnt have an issue using it.

Obviously it is against you eye so it only really works for really low recoil or non existent recoil stuff like PCP airguns. Although I know some people did use one on a .22LR without major issues.