BROWNING DOUBLE AUTO FRACTURED BARREL EXTENSION

klatuveradanikto

Out shooting yesterday 12 carts into a box and action jammed, on releasing the jam back at home came across this looks like the recess for the locking block has fractured ,question is do i fix it or have it replaced , Now being a classic gun spare barrels are hard to find . Ive managed to find one in America but he will only post to inside US, how do i go about getting a barrel imported from the US or is there anywhere in the UK that could either repair this barrel or make a new extension . Your thoughts please.20160716_1415321.jpg20160716_1415451.jpg

I know an RFD (Gunsmith) who has a soft spot for the Double Auto, will send him a message asking for advice.

You may be able to have just the barrel extension replaced. Will find out.

The first photo shows proof marks. NOT made/proofed in the USA, were they? So WHY concentrate a search for a barrel in the most difficult country to export gun parts from, due to ITAR & the physical distance? A lot of parts for these can be found in France & Belgium

I know an RFD (Gunsmith) who has a soft spot for the Double Auto, will send him a message asking for advice.

You may be able to have just the barrel extension replaced. Will find out.

The first photo shows proof marks. NOT made/proofed in the USA, were they? So WHY concentrate a search for a barrel in the most difficult country to export gun parts from, due to ITAR & the physical distance? A lot of parts for these can be found in France & Belgium

Hi ,thanks for your response , i did a search in the UK for barrels or extensions the only results i got were barrels available in the US. Yes this is a Belgium made Liege gun i agree that sourcing a extension or barrel in these parts would be better i just dont know who to ask. As you stated a extension is the only part required the barrel is in excellent condition i am looking into maybe getting it proffesionaly TIG welded. I would be very grateful of any help from your gunsmith contact as i really like this gun and would hate to have to scrap it. pm me if you require any further info , regards, Mark.

Welding of such pressure bearing parts will take them out of proof, and supposedly the Proof House will not then issue a new certificate to any such welded guns/parts.

Will see what else I can find out - I've seen extensions for sale but cannot recall where.

Edit: sticking with US options, for research purposes, Numrich list them at $68, but none available

Midwest Gun Works don't list them.

It WILL be cheaper/easier, sadly, to search for a new barrel in the UK/EU - as even when you have the part there will be the fitting of it to the barrel, etc. to add to the total

Edited by saddler

My apologies for jumping on the thread, but having seen from the other one that your issue is sorted I didn't think you would mind?

I have a twelvette in the cabinet, which I really enjoy using on clays occasionally, however the safety catch slide is very loose and engages itself occasionally. Is there a ready source of small spares anywhere, or is it a case of just hunting around for items when required. I'd really like to fix it and use it for walked up pheasants as it was intended.

Many thanks

My apologies for jumping on the thread, but having seen from the other one that your issue is sorted I didn't think you would mind?

I have a twelvette in the cabinet, which I really enjoy using on clays occasionally, however the safety catch slide is very loose and engages itself occasionally. Is there a ready source of small spares anywhere, or is it a case of just hunting around for items when required. I'd really like to fix it and use it for walked up pheasants as it was intended.

Many thanks

Hi, try wabbitbosher on this forum he broke 2 of these a while back . I have secured 2 barrels for my DA so problem solved he may have the spares you need , regards, Mark.