Mal kempson

dob

• 1 month later...

Hi and yes very sad news about Mal.

Mal passed away on the 14th October after a short illness. His funeral was at Kirkcaldy crematorium on the

26th October. The place was packed out with many family and friends plus past and present clients from

across the country. His clients for the remaining part of this season are still being looked after by Jimmy ****

a family friend who worked with Mal over the last couple of years.

As from next season I will be running the Goose shooting that Mal had and welcome clients present and new.

Mals funeral had not taken place and the vultures were round the farms trying to grab the shooting, thankfully

our farmers are a great bunch and our ground is safe for next season. Anyone interested in goose shooting

can contact the Well Inn, Scotlandwell to enquire or book for next year. I will have a web site up and running

as from February 2017 with details.

Certain guides are claiming to have taken over Mals ground and business which is very untrue.

I have worked with and helped Mal for over 20 years off and on and before he died we were in talks for myself

to take on his pheasant shoot & the goose shooting, he was going to retire and spend more time with his partner

Diane as of February, sadly not to be.

So RIP old boy.

Look forward to seeing all past and future clients.

Cheers Bob Edgar.

• 7 years later...

Hi sorry to post on old thread, but just wanted to say it's super nice to see people remembering Mal, He worked for my grandfather on his farm along with his sons. Over time he became part of our family, and I hold many many warm memories of time spent with him. He had the most amazing work ethic, often arriving at craigend before dawn and working through till dusk to get harvest done. I had the pleasure of rearing and releasing pheasants and partridges, fishing, and simply learning the land from him. Bob Edgar you probably knew my grandfather?(John More.) 

Your sorely missed Mal

Jamie